How to Download Pan Card Online (Duplicate/Reprint)
Most of the time, Indians apply for a duplicate PAN card in the case of loss of the card. In other cases, the card might get stolen, damaged or misplaced. There is a tedious process to apply for a duplicate PAN card which requires filing an FIR.
Once you file the FIR, a request must be raised by the applicant for the reprint of the card by providing the old PAN and a copy of the FIR. However, due to the time taken for this procedure, most people opt to re-apply for a new PAN Card.
A duplicate PAN or reprinting of the card can be requested by the applicant in some specific cases on account of damages. In such cases, the PAN does not change and only a new card is issued.
How to Download PAN Card (e-PAN Card) online?
In the Union Budget 2019, the Chief of the Central Board of Direct Taxes mentioned that the government will be introducing centers all around the country to facilitate applications of e-PAN cards.
You can download PAN card soft copy (e-PAN card) through the NSDL portal with your Acknowledgement number as well as your PAN and date of birth.
Here are the steps by which you can download your e-PAN card with the acknowledgement number:
- Visit the NSDL portal to download the e-PAN with acknowledgement number.
- Enter the acknowledgement number which you have received.
- Click on Generate OTP.
- Enter the OTP you have received on your mobile and click on ‘validate‘.
- Click on the ‘download PDF‘ option to download the e-PAN instantly.
The steps involved to download e-PAN card with your PAN and Date of Birth are:
- Visit the download e-pan NSDL portal.
- Enter the details which are required on the form such as date of birth, PAN and Captcha code.
- Click on ‘submit‘ and download the e-PAN for free.
Follow given screenshots below to download pan card
- A token number will be provided to you which must be kept for future references.
- After you have taken down the token number, you will have to click on ‘Continue with PAN Application Form‘.
Under the section of ‘Personal Details‘, you will need to select the mode of submitting your PAN application documents.
You can choose from the following three modes of submission:
- Submit digitally with e-sign and e-KYC.
- Submit scanned images through e-Sign
- Forward documents physically
You will also have to make sure you check the box if you require a physical PAN card or not.
- Once done, you will need to enter you Aadhaar number.
- EID number
- Name as per Aadhaar card.
- Father’s and mother’s name.
Once done, click on ‘next‘.
- This is the last section for application for a Duplicate PAN card.
- You will need to upload your Aadhaar card as a proof of address, proof of date of birth and proof of Identity.
- Once uploaded, you will need to add the declaration by entering your name and place along with the date.
- Recheck the information and then click on ‘submit‘.
Once you click on ‘submit’ from the Document details page, the website will take you to a payment page where you will be required to make the payment.
Once the payment is made, you will receive an acknowledgement number. This 15-digit number can be used to track your PAN card application.
You will ideally receive your duplicate PAN card within 2 weeks from the date of application.
Things to Know About Duplicate PAN Card Application
- When you lose your PAN card, you will first have to file an FIR. The FIR copy and the documents required for reprint PAN card application needs to be sent to NSDL office
- In case the communication address is in India, the fee for processing these applications is Rs.110 including taxes.
- The fee for processing PAN Card application when address is outside India is Rs.1020 including taxes.
- Applicants can pay either through Credit Card/Debit Card, demand Draft or even Net Banking.
- In case applicants are paying via credit cards or debit cards, an additional charge of 2% will be applicable by the bank that provides gateway facility. Also, exchange or conversion rates may be applicable.
- Once payment has been successful, acknowledgement will be displayed which will have to be saved. This acknowledgement will have to be printed and sent to NSDL e-Gov site.
- In case the applicant is a minor, then his/her Aadhaar number will have to be given in the application form. This number will then be authenticated.
- In case of a non-individual PAN applicant, the acknowledgement receipt will have to be signed by an authorised signatory i.e., Karta if it is HUF, Partner in case of a Partnership Firm, Director in case of Company, Trustee in case of Trust and Authorised signatory in all remaining categories.)
- In case thumb impression is used as signature, it will have to be verified by a Magistrate or a Gazetted Officer or a Notary Public, under official stamp and seal.
- You will recieve your PAN card at the address which is mentioned in your aadhaar.
- While sending the application by post, on the top of the envelope mention “Application for Reprint of PAN-Acknowledgement No” .
Instances when need for Duplicate PAN Card Can Arise
There could be multiple reasons for an individual/company/trust to want a duplicate PAN card, with some of the popular ones mentioned below.
- Loss/theft – Given the fact that most of us carry our PAN card in our wallets, it is possible to lose it on account of theft of wallet. This is a major reason for people to apply for a duplicate PAN card.
- Misplaced – We often misplace our cards, unsure as to where we left them. One can apply for a duplicate PAN on such occasions as well.
- Damaged – A PAN card can get damaged due to multiple reasons, leaving us with no option but to reprint it.
- Change of information – It is possible for errors to creep into a PAN card, requiring changes and/or reprint.
Note: A number of third party websites provide the facility to replace/reprint a PAN card. While one can utilise them, their genuineness isn’t guaranteed, which is why it is recommended to use the official website for the same.
How to Download Pan Card / Damaged PAN card Replacement
To replace a damaged card, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the NSDL website. (https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com)
- Fill the the online PAN replacement form.
- Click on submit.
- The applicant should ensure that all entry fields are correct, else you will not be able to submit the application.
- Fill in the corresponding box with the required changes if you need to make changes to your PAN card.
- Enter PAN details and address.
- For requests for a new PAN card, the applicant’s Aadhaar card details will have to be submitted along with the application form.
- On making the entry, the acknowledgment will be displayed. The acknowledgement will consist of:
- Space for Signature
- A 15-digit unique acknowledgement number
- Category of applicant
- Details of Proof of Identity, Address & Date of birth(applicable for Individual & HUF applicants)
- Payment Details
- Address for Communication
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Name of applicant
- Space for Photograph (in case of ‘Individual’)
- Date of Birth/Incorporation/Agreement/Partnership or Trust Deed/Formation of Body of Individuals/Association of Persons
- Father’s Name (in case of ‘Individual’)
- Aadhaar No.
Once you have received the acknowledgement, you can check the status of the PAN verification. The verification should be done within 5 days from receiving the acknowledgement. Follow the steps mentioned below to check PAN verification using PAN number:
- Log on NSDL PAN card financial service website.
- enter your existing PAN card number for replacement or reprint of PAN card.
- Next, enter the captcha.
- Click on submit once that is done.
- The website will then display the PAN verification status.
thank you for reading article regarding How to Download Pan Card